In order to maintain and keep a fun, save experience for all permit holders, Famous Reading Outdoors LLC (“FRO”) request that everyone follow our rules and regulations.
Failure to comply with any and all rules, regulations, and/or safe operating procedures may result in arrest, fines, revoking of your access permit on a temporary and/or permanent basis, and/or temporary and/or permanent banning using any area of FRO and/or participating in any future activities and/or events on any area of FRO. Further, a revocation of your access permit will result in the forfeiture of any permit costs together with any other expenses and/or fees paid to FRO.
1. ALL ATV’S, UTVs, DIRT BIKES, SXS, AND OFF-ROAD VEHICLES NOT PERMITTED ON PUBLIC ROADWAYS MUST BE TRAILERED TO A DESIGNATED PARKING LOT OF FRO.
2. All visitors to FRO must check in at the designated location at each designated parking area. As part of the check-in process, all persons, bags, coolers, and off-road vehicles will be checked by the security guard.
3. All visitors (both drivers and passengers) must have a valid and current FRO Permit, which must be on them at all times and/or a copy of said FRO Permit on an electronic device that is with each visitor at all times. Further, all visitors (both drivers and passengers) must have read, completed and signed the liability waiver that is part of the Access Permit.
4. In addition to a copy of the Access Permit and other FRO related items such as your individual FRO barcode, FRO requires the following documentation to be on visitors at all times while on FRO Property:
Full Sized Vehicles (License or Valid Photo ID, Registration & Insurance)
ATV – All Terrain Vehicle (License or Valid Photo ID, Registration & Insurance)
UTV – Utility Terrain Vehicle (License or Valid Photo ID, Registration & Insurance)
Dirt Bike (License or Valid Photo ID and Insurance)
Dune Buggy (License or Valid Photo ID and Insurance)
Mountain Bike (License or Valid Photo ID)
Hiking (License or Valid Photo ID)
Hunting (License or Valid Photo ID)
5. At least one person in each riding group must have a charged and working cell phone in their possession. FRO recommends that said cell phone have GPS and/or other location technology.
6. No alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs on FRO property.
7. No one may be under the influence of alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs while on FRO Property.
8. All visitors assume their own risk by entering FRO property. Check all areas prior to proceeding and ride all areas with caution.
9. Annual access permits do not include admission to special events. In the event of a special event, annual access permitholders may have access to other areas of FRO that are not part of the special event. All visitors shall abide with the directions of FRO and/or its personnel.
10. All vehicles must operate in a manner to avoid incidents and/or accidents while in the area, including but not limited to maintaining a safe speed.
11. The parking lot is for parking and unloading only with a maximum speed limit of 5 MPH. No speeding, tricks, or horseplay permitted.
12. Firearms or weapons of any kind are prohibited except for approved hunters that use FRO property during hunting season.
13. Parking is permitted in designated parking areas only.
14. Stay on marked trails. Stay within the posted area of FRO
15. Expect oncoming traffic and always be courteous and utilize proper trail etiquette.
16. Camping is not permitted on FRO property.
17. All visitors are only permitted on FRO Property during the posted hours, which are seasonal and always during daylight hours. No overnight camping is permitting. No overnight riding is permitted. No off-hour riding is permitting. If you are on FRO Property after hours, you will be considered a trespasser and FRO may charge any trespasser in accordance with the applicable laws.
18. Be respectful of FRO property, FRO personnel and other visitors.
19. Remove all litter and trash and dispose of in the designated areas in the designated parking areas.
20. Must comply with all applicable laws, rules and/or regulations.
21. Must obey all signs on FRO Property.
ATV, MOTORCYCLE, DIRT BIKES, DUNE BUGGEY, SIDE-BY-SIDE & UTILITY VEHICLE (UTV):
1. Everyone must wear a DOT approved helmet and protective eye wear (goggles, face shield, glasses, etc.).
2. Wear protective footwear. No open toes or sandals permitted.
3. Recommended rider gear such as gloves, chest protector, long pants and long sleeve shirts.
4. No passengers unless the unit is manufactured for the driver and a passenger.
5. We recommend riding in groups of 2 (two) or more.
6. The number of passengers carried on a side-by-side utility type vehicle shall be limited by the number of manufacturer’s installed seat belts.
7. Must wear safety harnesses and/or seatbelts.
FULL-SIZE VEHICLES SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must travel in groups of two or more.
2. Proper roll-over protection for all passengers.
3. Battery tie down (no bungee cords)
4. Seat belts must be worn by everyone in the vehicles, fire extinguisher and trash bag for liquid spills.
5. At least one tow point (example: tow hook or receiver hitch)
6. Front and rear tow points are mandatory for the harder trails along with a winch and locker.
1. All hunters must have a valid and current hunting license with them at all times.
2. Hunting is permitted only in designated areas.
3. No stands, tree stands, and/or any other structures are permitted to be erected by any hunter that has purchased an access permit.
4. Must comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
5. Hunting is only permitted during designated times and in designated locations.
1. Must wear all safety gear including a proper and certified biking helmet.
2. Must ride in pairs of at least two (2) individuals and must have a fully charged cell phone on them at all times.
1. Starting or maintaining a fire.
2. Damaging or removing, in whole or in part, a living or dead tree, shrub or plant.
3. Damaging, or removing rock, shale, sand, clay, soil or other mineral product, natural object or material.
4. Feeding wildlife.
5. Dumping, litter, trash, refuse, garbage, bottles, or pollutants.
6. Disorderly conduct of any kind.
7. Entering the property prior to sunrise. Remaining on the property after sunset.
8. Camping overnight and/or riding between sunset and sunrise.
9. Consuming any alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs.
10. Being under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH FRO RULES, REGULATIONS AND SAFE OPERATING PROCEDURES MAY RESULT IN ARREST, FINES, TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT BANNING FROM USING THE FACILITY, and/or temporary and/or permanent revocation of your access permit and/or access privileges without refund.
In case of an emergency and/or in need of assistance, call: FRO at 570-401-0102 and, if an Emergency call 911.
THESE RULES ARE POSTED THROUGHOUT FRO PROPERTY AND AVAILABLE ONLINE AND AT THE DESIGNATED CHECK IN AREAS.